This can be trouble because when they get older they can cross to the health problem such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Not only that it can lead to low self esteem and depression.
So when you see that your child is putting too much weight, talk to doctor or health care provider, so that they can look at your family history, child's growth and development. This can help to determine if your child's weight is unhealthy or not.
But most of the time we notice that childhood obesity is caused by kids eating too much and exercising too little. This can be one of the things that parents can look into and see if your child is eating too much and if your child is moving and being active.
This week what you can do is to write down what your kid is eating and how much they're being active. When you go see Doctor or Dietitian, they can notify you what your child is needed.
I hope this little step can help some of the people out there. ^^
Hi,
ReplyDeleteHave you come across any information regarding the body type of children and how it relates to BMI. For example, in the first case study we covered the pt's below breadth and how that relates to the frame and desired body weight. The reason I'm asking is because my daughter is in the 81% for her weight. I'm constantly worried about her weight and if we are doing all we can do for her. I wonder if her bone structure plays into her weight and what is "acceptable" for her. I have a smaller body frame whereas my husbands is very large. If you come across any information on this, please send it my way. Great post, I look forward to reading each week.
Hi, thank you for your comments. It made me think little bit deeper into how we can identify early childhood obesity. I will soon post some info on how we identify childhood obesity. I hope I can help :)
Delete