March is
National Nutrition Month. I thought it will be a good time for me to share what
are some healthy tips for your child. I realized that it’s really hard for a
child to eat vegetables and fruits. Although I’ve notice that some children are
pretty good with fruits but vegetables are pretty hard. To meet daily
requirement for vegetable for children from 2-5 years old is ½ cups 3-4X a day,
which might be a challenging for a child, especially if they’re not vegetable
eater. I had this really nice cook book made by Dole company, and it had a very
fun ideas and way to cook together with children. Whenever I show the book to
children they would always love to eat those cool looking vegetables.
I have found
out the CDC also came up with cooking tips with children. I would like to share
this http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/downloads/TenTips/DGTipsheet11KidFriendlyVeggiesAndFruits.pdf
You can make
fun dinner with your child and make it healthy.
I also
looked at how parents can be a role model to their kids. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/downloads/TenTips/DGTipsheet12BeAHealthyRoleModel.pdf
It seems
little simple things such as going to grocery shopping together, listening to
their thoughts, and parents eating whole grains and healthy foods. I see that
parents are always great example for the children. So print those out and put
it up in the refrigerator and remind yourself daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment